The Agricultural Business Chamber’s brand has been subject to a number of adaptations over the
past decades as a result of an ever-changing environment. The organisation was established in
1946 as the Co-operative Council to represent the interests of agricultural co-operatives. In
1995, after the deregulation of agriculture in South Africa, the organisation adopted the name
Agricultural Co-operative Business (ACB) to address the changing needs of agribusinesses, and in
2003 the name changed to the Agricultural Business Chamber.
04.06.2012 / Media Releases